1640 Columbia Rd NW
Washington, DC 20009
Google map and directions
JOIN THE STRUGGLE FOR REVOLUTIONARY CHANGE!
Poor and working people in D.C., across the United States and around the world face exploitation and oppression every day. These are not just “facts of life”—they are symptoms of an oppressive society.
Schedule for the day:
Doors open for registration
10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Panel I : Capitalism is the Disease -- Revolution is the Cure
1:00 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Panel II: Imperialism in the 21st Century
3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Panel III: Stand Up -- Fight Back!
Confirmed speakers include:
- Carlos Ron, Minister Counselor of Political Affairs, Embassy of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
- Sonia Umanzor, FMLN (Farabundo Martí National Liberation Front)
- Brian Becker, National Director, ANSWER Coalition
- Kashara White, Temple University student and organizer
- Eugene Puryear, D.C. Ferguson, 2014 Statehood Green Party candidate for D.C. Council
- Representative, Friends of the Congo
- Karla Reyes, public school teacher
- Dr. Jared Ball, iMiXWHATiLiKE! and WPFW 89.3FM Pacifica Radio
- Karina Garcia, community organizer
- Gnaka Lagoke, Revival of Panafricanism Forum
- Rachel Field, Fordham University student and organizer
- Jeremiah Lowery, Research & Policy Coordinator, Restaurant Opportunities Center (ROC)
Join the Party for Socialism and Liberation (PSL) to discuss how we can build a better society:
- What is socialism, and is it possible in the United States?
- • Building the movement against racist police terror
- Fighting for jobs, education and health care
- Defending our right to housing against gentrification and displacement
- Black liberation in the United States
- Fighting anti-immigrant, anti-LGBTQ and sexist bigotry<
- Resisting imperialism in the Middle East, Africa, Asia and everywhere
- Standing in solidarity with Venezuela’s Bolivarian Revolution
- Challenges facing Cuba under “normalized relations”
Doors open at 10:00 a.m.
Suggested donation: $10-20. No one turned away for lack of funds.